Welcome to International Travel Mate & Visa Services a immigration & travel company

Talk to expert

(+63) (32) 412-4741

To all Canadian spouses, common-law partners, conjugal partners or dependent child this visa is for you.  This visa allows the applicants, once approve, to enter Canada and live permanently with their sponsor.  To be the sponsor, you have to meet the following criteria:

  • must be at least 18 years old
  • you are a Canadian citizen, or a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act or a permanent resident living in Canada.  If the sponsoring Canadian citizen is residing outside Canada, he/she must be able to show that he/she will reside back to Canada when the sponsored relative becomes a permanent resident.
  • must be able to prove that you are not receiving social assistance except disability, and;
  • be able to financially sustain the basic needs of the person you are sponsoring.  There will be cases wherein the sponsor will be asked to present proof that he/she has met the low-income cut-off (LICO).  This happens when the dependent child has his/her own dependent children and so the sponsor has to comply the Financial Evaluation Form along with the rest of the application forms and requirements.

On the other hand, applicants must be at least 18 years of age and be able to establish genuine relation with the sponsor to qualify.  For spouse applicants, a valid marriage certificate or any proof of registration of marriage is needed in the application.  This document should manifest that the marriage was legally registered with the government where the event occurred.  A record of solemnization issued in Canada or marriage license is not accepted as an official marriage document.  Common-law partner is recognized as such if the couple has cohabitated for at least one year while conjugal partners are those who has a genuine and unbreakable relationship with the sponsor that has lasted at least a year but could not live together with the sponsor for a defined reason.

The child of the spouse or common-law partner will qualify as a dependent child if the requirements stated below are met up to the time the application papers are forwarded to the case processing center till the processing of the papers are finalized:

  • The child should be 22 years old below, and
  • The child is not married or has a common-law partner

The petitioner’s child whose age starts from 22 years old and above can still be counted as a dependent child only if they are continuously reliant to their parents financial support and are unable to financially support themselves due to mental or physical restrictions.

Processing time will vary from 11 to 12 months depending on the person being petitioned.  For more information, you may call or email or visit our office.  We do a FREE assessment to both the applicant and sponsor regarding the visa processing and procedures.